“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
All companies are vulnerable to crises; many do not have a crisis management plan.
An effective crisis management plan will support your organisation before, during, and after a crisis. It will ensure you have the right people, strategy, structures, processes, plans and tools in place to prevent or minimise the severity of a crisis.
At Day & Hodge Associates we help our clients by providing services and support every step of the way.
To minimise the risk of crises developing, our public relations team works with clients to:
- Conduct a vulnerability/risk audit
- Identify a crisis communications team
- Develop a crisis management and recovery plan
- Identify key messages
- Develop internal Q & A documents
- Develop holding statements
- Identify and train spokespersons
- Identify internal and external stakeholders
- Set up notification (contact) and issues monitoring systems
Should a crisis hit, we work with clients to:
- Assess the situation
- Develop/adapt the crisis management plan
- Finalise/adapt key messages
- Manage media relations
- Provide ongoing support and counsel
Post-crisis, we work with clients to:
- Conduct a post-crisis analysis (lessons learned)
- Develop/adapt a crisis recovery plan