“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
A crisis communication plan is an absolute essential for every organisation.
All companies are vulnerable to crises; almost all do not have an issue management plan. These kinds of plans help prevent crises developing. They also greatly minimise the damage that these crises can cause.
Effective crisis communications supports your organisation before, during, and after a crisis. It’s about having the right people, strategy, structures, processes, plans and tools in place.
Our Canberra public relations firm helps our clients by providing services and support every step of the way.
First of all, pre-crisis, Day and Hodge Associates works with clients to:
- Conduct a vulnerability/risk audit
- Identify a crisis communications team
- Develop a crisis management and recovery plan
- Identify key messages
- Develop internal Q & A documents
- Develop holding statements
- Identify and train spokespersons
- Identify internal and external stakeholders
- Set up notification (contact) and issues monitoring systems
Should a crisis hit, our public relations team works with clients to:
- Assess the situation
- Develop/adapt crisis management plan
- Finalise/adapt key messages
- Manage media relations
- Provide ongoing support and counsel
Post-crisis, our Canberra corporate affairs agency works with clients to:
- Conduct a post-crisis analysis (lessons learned)
- Develop/adapt a crisis recovery plan